Tuesday 3 April 2012

The problem is that when the maker looks upon their creation, they will always find imperfection. They don't realise the only perfection in life is love, and love involves looking past the flaws-Amy Young, 2012

I have started to stress out over my novella as when I, myself read it, it seems like total rubbish, yet everyone else praises it. I know these people are they lying?

So to develop my seemingly cruddy writing skills, I have decided to rewrite The Littlest Mermaid by Hans Christian Anderson and the Greek legend of Hades and Persephone. I shall twist up the legend, maybe chuck in some kiddie-winks (YES, YES, The youthful Goddess of Fertility doesn't have any kids in the Greek myth but Hades is meant to be infertile, dead people not haveing kids 'n' all that jazz).
As for The Littlest Mermaid, I won't do Disney's happier version, but twist the original. Also, I won't rip off Disney with "Ariel", even though they kinda stole that from Shakespeare. (blog on the amazing playwrite later)

This means I do need to read more fairytales, but that's no chore. I love Hans Christian Anderson and The Brothers Grimm.
*pulling Jacob's and Wilhelm's cheek* You little con men, you.


Also surfing the web for inspiring fairytale pictures, which also spark my own stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment