Tuesday 17 April 2012

Harris' vampires and cancer jabs *ouch*

Ok, so, I've decided to read the Southern Vampire Mysteries novels by Charlaine Harris, a.k.a the TruBlood novels. But they're only know as TruBlood due to HBO.
Anyway, I went to the Libary (one of my favorite hangouts) and asked the lovely Mrs.Loy about Dead until Dark, the first novel. Mrs. Loy is the libarian, she's an ambrosial little woman with short dark hair and a beaming smile. Who ever came up with libarians being scary obviously hasn't met our lot. So she's got Dead Until Dark for me...
It's awesome. I can hardly put it down. I'm hooked. I'm only on page 55 of 326 and plenty has gone off!!! A real page turner so far. It's taking my mind of my acheing arm due to my cervical cancer jab.

YES! They gave me the last one of three this morning. It feels like being stung by a bee but now my arm aches terribly. But at least I won't get the three deadlist cervical cancers... Wait a minute, that means there's more we can get, and I still have to have a yucky 'smear test' every 5 years when I'm older. This is not what I signed up for 'sigh'

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell if I am more scared of how you described Mrs. Loy or how you just decide to tell everyone EVERYTHING that happened today...
    ;D

    Mara (A.K.A Jenaa)

    ReplyDelete